Credit Scores - What REALLY Matters
According to Visa almost 60 percent of people in America do not know what determines their credit score. We have researched and visited with our favorite Austin lenders and put together a list of what really builds credit scores and what does not.
WHAT DOES MATTER
- Total amount of debt or accounts you have
- Any new credit accounts or credit checks
- The type of accounts and number of accounts you have
- Paying bills and accounts on time.
- The number of years you have had a credit score
WHAT DOESN’T MATTER
- Interest rate amount on your debt
- Your total about of assets or savings
- Your employment / job history
- How old you are
- What city or state you live in